伟大、广阔、美丽、奇妙的世界屠岸 译

Great, Wide, Beautiful, Wonderful World威廉·布莱蒂·兰兹


世界啊,你伟大、广阔、美丽、奇妙,
Great, wide, beautiful, wonderful World,
奇妙的海水把你环绕,
With the wonderful water round you curled,
奇妙的花草在你的胸膛上生长——
And the wonderful grass upon your breast--
世界啊,你穿着美丽的衣裳。
World, you are beautifully drest.

奇妙的气流在我的上空,
The wonderful air is over me,
奇妙的风儿把树木晃动;
And the wonderful wind is shaking the tree,
风走在水上,风转动磨坊,
It walks on the water, and whirls the mills,
风自言自语在群山顶上。
And talks to itself on the tops of the hills.

友好的大地!你伸展得多远?——
You friendly Earth! how far do you go,
你河里流水淌,田里麦浪翻,
With the wheat-fields that nod and the rivers that flow,
布满了城市,花园,峭岩,岛屿,
With cities and gardens, and cliffs, and isles,
你身上千里万里多少人居住!
And people upon you for thousands of miles?

啊!你这样伟大,我这样渺小,
Ah, you are so great, and I am so small,
世界啊,我一想到你就几乎吓倒;
I tremble to think of you, World, at all;
可是在我今天祷告的时刻,
And yet, when I said my prayers to-day,
我内心仿佛有声音悄悄地说,
A whisper inside me seemed to say,
“你是个小不点,却能够超过地球:

你能爱,能思索,可是地球不能够!”
"You are more than the Earth, though
       you are such a dot:
You can love and think, and the Earth
       cannot!"


添加译本