It was your birthday, we had drunk and dined
那是在你的生日,我们和老朋友们
Half of the night with our old friend
吃饭喝酒直到半夜,
Who'd showed us in the end
我还记得当我跨着酒醉的大步上床的时候,
To a bed I reached in one drunk stride.
我们还能看到他们。
Already I lay snug,
一瞬间我就舒服地倒下,
和身边的一瓶酒一起坠入梦乡。
I dozed, I slept. My sleep broke on a hug,
Suddenly, from behind,
我浅睡,我深睡。我的深睡被一个拥抱打破,
In which the full lengths of our bodies pressed:
突然地,有人从后面抱住我。
Your instep to my heel,
在拥抱中我们的身体全程压紧:
My shoulder-blades against your chest.
你的足背压在我的脚踝,
It was not sex, but I could feel
我的肩胛压住你的胸脯。
The whole strength of your body set,
这不是做爱,但我可以感到
Or braced, to mine,
你身体的全部力量在我的身体里
And locking me to you
打上桩子,或者张紧弓弦,
As if we were still twenty-two
把我们紧紧锁在一起,
When our grand passion had not yet
就好像我们仍然是二十二岁
Become familial.
我们巨大的爱力
My quick sleep had deleted all
还没有变成亲情。
Of intervening time and place.
我的迅速睡去,
I only knew
抹去了中间的一切时间和空间。
The stay of your secure firm dry embrace.
我唯一知晓的,
是你长久牢固坚定和无欲的
拥抱。