Sticks and stones may break my bones
棍棒石头可以打碎我的骨头
but words can also cut through my flesh.
但言语也能割开我的血肉。
When I was a kid, the school threw nicknames at me
小时候,学校把外号砸向我
those words, not fists, stayed in my bones.
那些词语,不是拳头,却留在骨头里。
They thought it was just a joke.
他们以为只是玩笑。
They had no idea, every tease
他们不知道,每一句嘲笑
would build a wall inside a child’s heart.
都会在一个孩子心里砌起一堵墙。
You can’t see the scars,
你可以看不见伤痕,
but the harm is real.
但伤害真实存在。
Some wounds the skin doesn’t record,
有些伤口,皮肤不会记录,
but the soul remembers them to this day.
灵魂却会记到今天。