墓地骑行流马 译

Cemetery Ride比利·柯林斯


我的铜色新自行车
My new copper-colored bicycle
在蓝天下看起来相当不错
is looking pretty fine under a blue sky
当我沿着棕榈墓园里
as I pedal along one of the sandy paths
一条沙土路骑行,这里位于佛罗里达,
in the Palm Cemetery here in Florida,

经过莱昂斯家、坎贝尔家、
wheeling past the headstones of the Lyons,
邓拉普家和达文波特家的墓碑,
the Campbells, the Dunlaps, and the Davenports,
阿瑟和埃塞尔,她比他多活了十一年。
Arthur and Ethel, who outlived him by 11 years.
我放慢速度,以便看得更清,
I slow down even more to notice,

但也不至于慢到向一侧摔倒在地上。
but not so much as to fall sideways on the ground.
这里有个名叫哈皮·格兰特的家伙,
And here's a guy named Happy Grant
紧挨着他的妻子吉恩,在它们无尽的床榻里。
next to his wife Jean in their endless bed.
安妮·苏·西姆斯就在旁边,听起来
Annie Sue Simms is right there and sounds

比西奥多西娅·S·霍利要有趣得多。
a lot more fun than Theodosia S. Hawley.
下午好,艾米莉·波拉塞克,
And good afternoon, Emily Polasek,
你也好,乔治和简·库珀,
and to you too, George and Jane Cooper,
你们侧脸相对,像一枚硬币的两面。
facing each other in profile, two sides of a coin.

我真想把你们都载上
I wish I could take you all for a ride
放在我的车筐里,在这个灿烂的四月天,
in my wire basket on this glorious April day,
但恐怕无法,这辆自行车对你们来说
not a thing as simple as your name, Bill Smith,
可能显得太小,而对你们的姓氏又不够庄重,比尔·史密斯,
even trickier than Clarence Augustus Coddington.
更不用说克拉伦斯·奥古斯塔斯·科丁顿了。


Then how about just you, Enid Parker?
那么,只要你就好了,伊妮德·帕克?
Would you like to gather up your voluminous skirts
你愿意提起你那宽大的裙摆,
and ride sidesaddle on the crossbar
侧身坐在我的横梁上,
and tell me what happened between 1863 and 1931?
告诉我1863年到1931年间都发生了什么吗?


I'll even let you ring the silver bell.
我甚至会让你来敲响那只银铃。
But if you're not ready, I can always ask
但如果你还没准备好,我总可以问问
Mary Brennan to rise from her long sleep
玛丽·布伦南,让她从漫长的睡眠中起身,
beneath the swaying gray beards of Spanish moss
从那些垂荡的西班牙苔藓的灰色胡须下,


and ride with me along these halls of the dead
和我一同骑过这死者的长廊,
so I can listen to her strange laughter
好让我能听见她奇异的笑声,
as some crows flap overhead in the blue
当几只乌鸦在蓝天下扑翅飞过,
and the spokes of my wheels catch the dazzling sun.
我的车轮辐条捕捉着耀眼的阳光。


添加译本