My Father Teaches Me to Dream简·贝蒂

我爸爸教我做梦杜鹏 译


You want to know what work is?
你想知道什么是工作吗?
I’ll tell you what work is:
我告诉你什么才是工作:
Work is work.
工作就是工作。
You get up. You get on the bus.
你起床。你坐上大巴。
You don’t look from side to side.
你不会左右张望。
You keep your eyes straight ahead.
你眼睛保持直视前方。
That way nobody bothers you—see?
这样就不会有人打扰你—看到了吗?
You get off the bus. You work all day.
你下了车。你整天都工作。
You get back on the bus at night. Same thing.
你晚上回到大巴上。同样的事情。
You go to sleep. You get up.
你上床睡觉。你起床。
You do the same thing again.
你做同样的事情。
Nothing more. Nothing less.
不需更多。不需更少。
There’s no handouts in this life.
人生当中没有免费的午餐。
All this other stuff you’re looking for—
你想要的其他东西——
it ain’t there.
这里都没有。
Work is work.
工作就是工作。


添加译本