is like being burned up
就像在十二层的电梯上
in a twelfth-floor elevator.
被活活烧焦。
Or drowned in a flipped SUV.
就像越野车翻到河里被活活淹死。
It’s like waking with scalpels
就像当我行走时
arrayed on my chest.
手术刀插遍我的胸膛。
Like being banished to 1983.
就像我被流放到1983年。
Having a fight with you
我和你的争吵,
is never, ever less horrid: that whisper
带来一种恐怖,它从未减轻过:有一种耳语
that says you never loved me—
告诉我你从来没有爱过我——
my heart a stalled engine
从一个小小的方窗望出去
out the little square window.
我的心脏是一台停转的机器。
Your eyes a white-capped black sea.
你的眼睛是白色笼罩下的黑色海洋。