在那杨柳花园旁边
Down by the Salley Gardens
我的爱人曾和我相遇
My love and I did meet;
她走过那杨柳花园
She passed the Salley Gardens
用那双纤纤的玉足
With little snow-white feet.
She bid me take love easy,
她教我对爱情别太较真
As the leaves grow on the tree;
正如叶子生长在树枝
But I, being young and foolish,
可是我当时年少又愚蠢
With her would not agree.
对她的话不以为意
In a field by the river
在那河边的牧场
My love and I did stand,
我的爱人曾和我驻留
And on my leaning shoulder
在我斜倚的肩膀
She laid her snow-white hand.
抚着她雪白的双手
She bid me take life easy,
As the grass grows on the weirs;
她教我对生活别太当真
But I was young and foolish,
正如草儿生长在河堰
And now am full of tears.
可是我当时年少又愚蠢
而现在我已泪水掩面