Acquainted with the Night罗伯特·弗罗斯特(Robert Frost)

熟悉黑夜的人刘道沖 译


I have been one acquainted with the night.
我是一个熟悉了黑夜的人。
I have walked out in rain—and back in rain.
我曾在雨中出行,雨中返程,
I have outwalked the furthest city light.
我走出过城市最远的光痕。

I have looked down the saddest city lane.
我俯察过城市最忧郁的小径。
I have passed by the watchman on his beat
我走过了敲着钟的守夜人,
And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.
并垂下眼帘,不愿去澄清。

I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet
远处一声被打断的疾呼
When far away an interrupted cry
从临街传来,越过屋檐,
Came over houses from another street,
我静静站定让足音停住,

But not to call me back or say good-bye;
但并非唤我回去或说再见;
And further still at an unearthly height,
在更远处超出尘世的高处,
One luminary clock against the sky
一座闪耀的钟直指着苍天,

Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.
宣布时间没有正确与错误。
I have been one acquainted with the night.
我是一个熟悉了黑夜的人。


2019.12.3
添加译本