Acquainted with the Night罗伯特·弗罗斯特(Robert Frost)

与夜相熟姜山 译


I have been one acquainted with the night.
我一直是夜的熟客。
I have walked out in rain—and back in rain.
我曾在雨中出门——雨中回家。
I have outwalked the furthest city light.
我曾跨越城市灯光覆盖的边界。

I have looked down the saddest city lane.
我曾眺望最悲伤的街巷。
I have passed by the watchman on his beat
从巡逻的守夜人身侧走过
And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.
我垂下双眼,不肯费舌。

I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet
当远处被打断的哭声
When far away an interrupted cry
从另一条街道越过屋顶传来,
Came over houses from another street,
我曾止住双脚不发一声,

But not to call me back or say good-bye;
只是不要叫我回头或说再见;
And further still at an unearthly height,
在令人惶恐的高度,
One luminary clock against the sky
悬在天际的明亮时钟

Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.
曾宣布时间没有对错。
I have been one acquainted with the night.
我一直是夜的熟客。


添加译本