Acquainted with the Night罗伯特·弗罗斯特(Robert Frost)

与黑夜相识照朗 译


I have been one acquainted with the night.
我曾是与黑夜相识的一个。
I have walked out in rain—and back in rain.
我在雨中出门——且在雨中归返。
I have outwalked the furthest city light.
我走出过城市最遥远的灯火,

I have looked down the saddest city lane.
我俯视过城市最忧伤的小巷;
I have passed by the watchman on his beat
身旁路过那巡更的守夜人,
And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.
我低垂双眼,无心细想。

I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet
我默然呆立,停下脚步声,
When far away an interrupted cry
当遥远的呼喊来自另一条街,
Came over houses from another street,
断续不清,越过屋顶。

But not to call me back or say good-bye;
但那并非将我召回或是道别;
And further still at an unearthly height,
更远处,在那超凡的高处,
One luminary clock against the sky
噢,发光的钟悬于天界,

Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.
它宣告那时辰既无对,亦无错。
I have been one acquainted with the night.
我曾是与黑夜相识的一个。


添加译本