房东谣phil 译

Ballad of the Landlord朗斯顿·休斯


    房东,房东,
    Landlord, landlord,
我的屋顶有裂缝。
My roof has sprung a leak.
早在上周我就告诉你
Don’t you ’member I told you about it
难道你就记不起?
Way last week?

    房东,房东
    Landlord, landlord,
这些台阶要塌了。
These steps is broken down.
当你自己登上来时
When you come up yourself
没有跌倒是奇迹。
It’s a wonder you don’t fall down.

    你说我欠你十块钱?
    Ten bucks you say I owe you?
你说十块钱已到期?
Ten bucks you say is due?
好吧,等你修好这房子
Well, that’s ten bucks more’n I'll pay you
这多出来的十块我付你。
Till you fix this house up new.

    什么?你要下逐客令?
    What? You gonna get eviction orders?
你要断了我的暖气?
You gonna cut off my heat?
你要把我的家具
You gonna take my furniture and
扔到大街上去?
Throw it in the street?

    啊哈!你说话真牛逼
    Um-huh! You talking high and mighty.
继续说——等你说完
Talk on—till you get through.
要是我一拳砸过去
You ain’t gonna be able to say a word
你就吐不出一个字。
If I land my fist on you.

    警察!警察!
     Police! Police!
来抓这个人!
Come and get this man!
他要颠覆国家
He’s trying to ruin the government
毁坏政府!
and overturn the land!

    警察哨声起!
     Copper’s whistle!
巡逻车铃声鸣!
Patrol bell!
逮捕。
Arrest.

    警察所
     Precinct station.
铁牢房。
Iron cell.
新闻头条:
Headlines in press:

    男子威胁房东
     MAN THREATENS LANDLORD
租客不得保释
TENANT HELD NO BAIL
法官判黑人入狱90天
JUDGE GIVES NEGRO 90 DAYS IN COUNTY JAIL


添加译本