You will never be alone, you hear so deep
你永远不会孤单,秋天降临
A sound when autumn comes. Yellow
你听到如此深沉的声音。黄色
Pulls across the hills and thrums,
拖过群山,拨动琴弦,
Or the silence after lighting before it says
或是闪电后的寂静,在它说出
Its names — and then the clouds’ wide-mouthed
自己的名字之前——那时云彩将开口
Apologies. You were aimed from birth:
道歉。你从出生起就成了目标:
You will never be alone. Rain
Will come, a gutter filled, an Amazon,
你永远不会孤单。雨会来
Long aisles — you never heard so deep a sound,
一条充满的水沟,一条亚马逊,
Moss or rock, and years. You turn your head —
漫长的走廊——你从未听过如此深沉的声音,
That’s what the silence meant: you’re not alone.
石上青苔,以及岁月。你转过头——
The whole wide world pours down.
那就是寂静的含意:你不是孤身一人。
整个辽阔的世界一倾而下。