刺猬梁俪真、翟永明 译

HedgehogPolly Clark


它的腿没断。它不是无家可归。
Its leg was not broken. It was not homeless.
它在我手中死死蜷紧,一个活生生的畏缩。
It clenched in my hands, a living flinch.
你不能爱得这么深而且还活着,
You cannot love so much and live,
它低声说,它的脊椎像牙齿哒哒有声。
it whispered, its spines clicking like teeth.
我拿来一个纸板盒让它躲着它自己。
I hid it from itself in a cardboard box.

一夜之间它细细咬出一个洞悄悄溜走。
Overnight it nibbled a hole and slipped away.
我哭了很久以致于妈妈觉得我再也不会停住。
I cried so much my mother thought I’d never stop.
她说,你不能这样去爱——可是仍然
She said, you cannot love so - and yet
我长到了常人的尺寸,并且用我的那么多刺
I grew to average size and amused a lot of people
和好多次绝妙的逃跑,逗笑过许多人。
with my prickliness and brilliant escapes


添加译本