SI know the stars by their names,
每次逃离
Aldebaran, Altair,
都包含某些艺术,
And I know the path they take
某些虚张声势,至少
Up heaven's broad blue stair.
有某些令人费解的
I know the secrets of men
人体和金属的
By the look of their eyes,
相互转换也就是说
Their gray thoughts, their strange thoughts
当它们混合的时候
Have made me sad and wise.
铁链并不需要完全
But your eyes are dark to me
解开。在每次混合
Though they seem to call and call—
的最后他必须重新
I cannot tell if you love me
提纯自己。而这个不断
Or do not love me at all.
重复的过程中最困难的
I know many things,
部分是:打破束缚之后
But the years come and go,
变回原先的那个胡迪尼。
I shall die not knowing
The thing I long to know.