这是一个怪兽的世界
This is a world where there are monsters
到处都是怪兽,浣熊和臭鼬
There are monsters everywhere, racoons and skunks
负鼠在外面,好几个怪兽在我的床上。
There are possums outside, there are monsters in my bed.
有一个怪兽,它是我的小怪兽。
There is one monster. He is my little one.
我和我的小怪兽说话。
I talk to my little monster.
我给了我的小怪兽一些培根但不能喂饱它。
I give my little monster some bacon but that does not satisfy him.
我对它说:别那么大声哭,小怪兽!
I tell him, ssh ssh, don’t growl little monster!
它还是哭,天啊它哭得那么大声!
And he growls, oh boy does he growl!
它想要从我这里得到些东西,
And he wants something from me,
它想要我的灵魂。
He wants my soul.
最终我给它我锃亮的灵魂。
And finally giving in, I give him my gleaming soul
然后它吃掉了我锃亮的灵魂,我和它合二为一。
And as he eats my gleaming soul, I am one with him
我从它的眼眶中看出去,只能看到一片白,
And stare out his eyepits and I see nothing but white
然后我看不到任何东西,只有雾,之前看到的一片白原来只有雾。
And then I see nothing but fog and the white I had seen before was nothing but fog
什么都没有,只有从怪兽眼中看到的雾。
And there is nothing but fog out the eyes of monsters.