我来到河边
I went down to the river,
我坐在岸上
I set down on the bank.
我想试着再想想但不行
I tried to think but couldn't,
就跳了下去
So I jumped in and sank.
第一次浮出头时我开始叫喊
I came up once and hollered!
I came up twice and cried!
第二次浮出头时我开始哭泣
If that water hadn't a-been so cold
如果水没有如此之冷
I might've sunk and died.
我应该已经沉没死去
But it was Cold in that water! It was cold!
但那河水 确实很冷!确实很冷!
I took the elevator
我乘着电梯
Sixteen floors above the ground.
来到十六层
I thought about my baby
我一边想着我的宝贝儿
And thought I would jump down.
一边想跳下去
I stood there and I hollered!
我站在那里开始叫喊
I stood there and I cried!
我站在那里开始哭泣
If it hadn't a-been so high
如果没有如此之高
I might've jumped and died.
我应该已经跳下死去
But it was High up there! It was high!
但那里 确实很高!确实很高!
So since I'm still here livin',
所以我还在这里活着
I guess I will live on.
我想我会继续活下去
I could've died for love--
我既然不曾为爱死——
But for livin' I was born
那不如因出生而活
Though you may hear me holler,
即使你或许还会听到我的叫喊
And you may see me cry--
或许还会听到我的哭泣
I'll be dogged, sweet baby,
但若想看到我死 亲爱的宝贝儿
If you gonna see me die.
你可还要费一番工夫
Life is fine! Fine as wine! Life is fine!
生活是美好的!像葡萄酒一样!生活是美好的!