Love in a Time of Climate ChangeCraig Santos Perez

爱在气候变化时光诸 译

recycling Pablo Neruda’s “Sonnet XVII”
重写巴勃罗·聂鲁达的诗《十四行诗XVII》

I don’t love you as if you were rare earth metals,
我不像爱稀有金属一样爱你,
conflict diamonds, or reserves of crude oil that cause
滴血的钻石,引发战争的
war. I love you as one loves the most vulnerable
黑色金子。我爱你就像人们爱濒危的
species: urgently, between the habitat and its loss.
物种:暂存于栖息地存在和消失的瞬息之间。

I love you as one loves the last seed saved
我爱你就像爱最后的种子
within a vault, gestating the heritage of our roots,
被珍藏在地下仓库,孕育着我们根系的传承,
and thanks to your body, the taste that ripens
以及对你身体的谢意,它的味道已经在我的舌头上熟透
from its fruit still lives sweetly on my tongue.
结出鲜活的甜蜜果实。

I love you without knowing how or when this world
我爱你即便不知道我们生活的世界
will end. I love you organically, without pesticides.
在何时会如何结束。我爱你是有机的,没有农药。
I love you like this because we’ll only survive
我如此爱你因为我们只能生存在

in the nitrogen rich compost of our embrace,
我们氮化物丰富的拥抱中,
so close that your emissions of carbon are mine,
如此紧密以至于我呼吸着你的碳,
so close that your sea rises with my heat.
如此紧密以至于你的海平面因我的温度而上升。


添加译本