当我对比
When I compare
我所获得与我所失掉,
What I have lost with what I have gained,
我所错过与我所达到,
What I have missed with what attained,
发现没有什么可夸耀。
Little room do I find for pride.
我已察觉
I am aware
无端虚掷了多少时光;
How many days have been idly spent;
美好的意愿就像一支箭,
How like an arrow the good intent
半途落下了,或飞向一旁。
Has fallen short or been turned aside.
可是谁敢
But who shall dare
用这种方式来衡量得失?
To measure loss and gain in this wise?
失败可能是变相的胜利,
Defeat may be victory in disguise;
最低潮就是高潮的开始。
The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide.