你再不能这么做,再不能,
You do not do, you do not do
你是黑色的鞋子
Any more, black shoe
我象只脚,关在里面
In which I have lived like a foot
苍白,可怜,受三十年苦
For thirty years, poor and white,
不敢打嚏,气不敢出。
Barely daring to breathe or Achoo.
爹爹,我早该杀了你,
Daddy, I have had to kill you.
我还没动手你就死去——
You died before I had time——
大理石般沉重,一袋子神灵
Marble-heavy, a bag full of God,
鬼一般的雕像,一个脚趾灰色
Ghastly statue with one gray toe
象弗里斯柯的海狗一样大
Big as a Frisco seal
象奇异的大西洋上一个头颅
And a head in the freakish Atlantic
在那里海水把绿豆芽抛上蓝天
Where it pours been green over blue
在美丽的瑙塞河外的海水里。
In the waters off beautiful Nauset.
从前我经常祈求你复生。
I used to pray to recover you.
Ach,du,
Ach, du.
说德国话,住波兰城
In the German tongue, in the Polish town
那个被战争,战争,战争
Scraped flat by the roller
的压路机辗平的小城。
Of wars, wars, wars.
但这地名太普通
But the name of the town is common.
我的波兰籍朋友
My Polack friend
说有一两打之多。
Says there are a dozen or two.
所以我从来不清楚
So I never could tell where you
你住在哪里,到过何处。
Put your foot, your root,
我从来没能跟你说话
I never could talk to you.
舌头在嘴里卡住,
The tongue stuck in my jaw.
在装铁刺的陷阱里卡住,
It stuck in a barb wire snare.
inh,inh,inh,inh,
Ich, ich, ich, ich,
我从来说不出。
I could hardly speak.
我觉得每个德国人都是你
I thought every German was you.
这语言太下流
And the language obscene
象一架引擎,一架引擎
An engine, an engine
把我当犹太人一般发落。
Chuffing me off like a Jew.
该去达豪、达斯威兹、倍尔森的犹太人。
A Jew to Dachau, Auschwitz, Belsen
我开始象犹太人一般谈吐
I began to talk like a Jew.
我满可以成为犹太人。
I think I may well be a Jew.
提洛尔的雪,维也纳的白啤酒
The snows of the Tyrol, the clear beer of Vienna
都不纯粹不真实。
Are not very pure or true.
我的吉普赛先祖,我的奇特命运,
With my gypsy ancestress and my weird luck
我的泰洛牌,我的泰洛牌,
And my Taroc pack and my Taroc pack
我有几分象犹太人。
I may be a bit of a Jew.
我始终害怕你,
I have always been scared of you,
你有空军,你有军腔,
With your Luftwaffe, your gobbledygoo.
你修剪整齐的胡子
And your neat moustache
你的亚立安眼睛,透亮的蓝,
And your Aryan eye, bright blue.
装甲兵,装甲兵,哦你——
Panzer-man, panzer-man, O You——
不是上帝,而是一个 字,
Not God but a swastika
如此漆黑,天空也无法穿过。
So black no sky could squeak through.
每个女人都崇拜法西斯分子,
Every woman adores a Fascist,
脸上挂着长靴,野蛮的
The boot in the face, the brute
野蛮的心,长在野兽身上,象你——
Brute heart of a brute like you.
你站在黑板旁边,爹爹,
You stand at the blackboard, daddy,
我有你的一张照片,
In the picture I have of you,
一条裂痕长在下巴上,而不是脚上,
A cleft in your chin instead of your foot
但你依然是魔鬼,不比
But no less a devil for that, no not
那穿黑衣的人差半分,那人
Any less the black man who
把我可爱的红心一咬两半。
Bit my pretty red heart in two.
我十岁时他们埋葬了你。
I was ten when they buried you.
二十岁时我有死的意图,
At twenty I tried to die
回到,回到,回到你的身边,
And get back, back, back to you.
哪怕你已变成白骨。
I thought even the bones would do.
但他们把我从袋里拖出,
But they pulled me out of the sack,
用胶水把我粘住。
And they stuck me together with glue,
我给你做了一个雕像,
And then I knew what to do.
一个黑衣人,脸象《我的奋斗》
I made a model of you.
A man in black with a Meinkampf look
一个老虎凳和拇指夹的爱好者。
我说我招供,我招供。
And a love of the rack and the screw.
因此,爹爹,我终于结束。
And I said I do, I do.
黑色的电话线连根剪断,
So daddy, I'm finally through.
声音无法爬行通过。
The black telephone's off at the root,
The voices just can't worm through.
要是我杀一个人,就等于杀两个人——
那吸血鬼,他就是你,
If I've killed one man, I've killed two——
他吸我们的血已有一年,
The vampire who said he was you
说明确些,已有七年。
And drank my blood for a year,
爹爹,你现在可以安息。
Seven years, if you want to know.
Daddy, you can lie back now.
你肥胖的黑心算盘打得太足,
村民们从来就不喜欢你。
There's a stake in your fat black heart
他们踩在你身上跳舞,
And the villagers never liked you.
脚底是你,他们完全清楚。
They are dancing and stamping on you.
爹爹,爹爹,你这混蛋,我结束。
They always knew it was you.
Daddy, daddy, you bastard, I'm through.