Grass卡尔·桑德堡

飞白 译


Pile the bodies high at Austerlitz and Waterloo.
让奥斯特里茨和滑铁卢尸如山积,
Shovel them under and let me work—
把他们铲进坑,再让我干活——
I am the grass; I cover all.
我是草;我掩盖一切。

让葛梯斯堡尸如山积,
And pile them high at Gettysburg
让依普尔和凡尔登尸如山积,
And pile them high at Ypres and Verdun.
把他们铲进坑,再让我干活。
Shovel them under and let me work.
两年,十年,于是旅客们问乘务员:
Two years, ten years, and passengers ask the conductor:
这是什么地方?
What place is this?
我们到了何处?
Where are we now?


我是草。
I am the grass.
让我干活。
Let me work.


添加译本