Grass卡尔·桑德堡

金舟 译


Pile the bodies high at Austerlitz and Waterloo.
在奥斯特里茨和滑铁卢把尸体堆高,
Shovel them under and let me work—
将他们铲埋地下并让我工作—
I am the grass; I cover all.
我是草;我掩盖所有。

And pile them high at Gettysburg
在盖底斯堡把他们堆高
And pile them high at Ypres and Verdun.
在伊波和凡尔登把他们堆高
Shovel them under and let me work.
将他们铲埋地下并让我工作。
Two years, ten years, and passengers ask the conductor:
两年,十年,然后乘客问列车员:
What place is this?
这是什么地方?
Where are we now?
我们现在何处?

I am the grass.
我是草。
Let me work.
让我工作。


添加译本