Prayers of Steel卡尔·桑德堡

钢的祈祷赵毅衡 译


Lay me on an anvil, O God.
请把我放上铁砧,哦上帝,
Beat me and hammer me into a crowbar.
捶我,揍我,打成一根橇棍
Let me pry loose old walls.
让我橇动古老的墙,
Let me lift and loosen old foundations.
让我拆松古老的地基。

Lay me on an anvil, O God.
请把我放上铁砧,我上帝,
Beat me and hammer me into a steel spike.
捶我,揍我,打成一根钢钉,
Drive me into the girders that hold a skyscraper together.
把我钉进拽紧摩天楼的大梁,
Take red-hot rivets and fasten me into the central girders.
用烧红的铆钉安我在主梁上,
Let me be the great nail holding a skyscraper through
让我做个大钉拽紧摩天棱,使它穿过深
blue nights
蓝的夜空,
into white stars.
刺进银白的星群。


添加译本