白杨树啊,你的枝叶白照入晦暗。
Aspen tree, your leaves glance white into the dark.
我母亲的发永不曾变白。
My mother's hair was never white.
蒲公英啊,乌克兰便是这么绿。
Dandelion, so green is the Ukraine.
我淡黄头发的母亲未曾回家。
My yellow-haired mother did not come home.
雨云啊,你可踟蹰于泉源之侧?
Rain cloud, above the well do you hover?
我轻柔的母亲正为所有的哭泣。
My quiet mother weeps for everyone.
圆星星啊,你在扎金色的结。
Round star, you wind the golden loop.
我母亲的心曾被铅弹所伤。
My mother's heart was ripped by lead.
橡木门啊,谁曾把你从铰链上卸下?
Oaken door, who lifted you off your hinges?
我温存的母亲无法回来了。
My gentle mother cannot return.