请把我放上铁砧,哦上帝,
Lay me on an anvil, O God.
捶我,揍我,打成一根橇棍
Beat me and hammer me into a crowbar.
让我橇动古老的墙,
Let me pry loose old walls.
让我拆松古老的地基。
Let me lift and loosen old foundations.
请把我放上铁砧,我上帝,
Lay me on an anvil, O God.
捶我,揍我,打成一根钢钉,
Beat me and hammer me into a steel spike.
把我钉进拽紧摩天楼的大梁,
Drive me into the girders that hold a skyscraper together.
用烧红的铆钉安我在主梁上,
Take red-hot rivets and fasten me into the central girders.
让我做个大钉拽紧摩天棱,使它穿过深
Let me be the great nail holding a skyscraper through
蓝的夜空,
blue nights
刺进银白的星群。
into white stars.