爹地佚名 译

DaddySylvia Plath


你再也不能,再也不能
You do not do, you do not do
这样做,黑色的鞋子,
Any more, black shoe
我像只脚在其中生活了
In which I have lived like a foot
三十个年头,可怜且苍白,
For thirty years, poor and white,
仅敢呼吸或打喷嚏。
Barely daring to breathe or Achoo.

爹地,我早该杀了你。
Daddy, I have had to kill you.
我还没来得及你却死了——
You died before I had time——
大理石般沉重,一只充满神祇的袋子,
Marble-heavy, a bag full of God,
惨白的雕像:一根灰色脚趾
Ghastly statue with one gray toe
大如旧金山的海狗,
Big as a Frisco seal

一颗头颅沉浮于怪异的大西洋,
And a head in the freakish Atlantic
把豆绿色倾注在蓝色之上,
Where it pours been green over blue
美丽的瑙塞特海滩外的水域。
In the waters off beautiful Nauset.
我曾祈求能寻回你。
I used to pray to recover you.
啊,你。
Ach, du.

操德国口音,在被战争,
In the German tongue, in the Polish town
战争,战争的压路机
Scraped flat by the roller
辗压磨平的波兰市镇。
Of wars, wars, wars.
但是这市镇的名称是很寻常的。
But the name of the town is common.
我的波兰朋友
My Polack friend

说起码有一两打之多。
Says there are a dozen or two.
所以我从未能弄清楚
So I never could tell where you
你去过哪里,根在哪里,
Put your foot, your root,
从来无法和你交谈。
I never could talk to you.
舌头在下颚胶着。
The tongue stuck in my jaw.

胶着于铁蒺藜的陷阱里。
It stuck in a barb wire snare.
我,我,我,我。
Ich, ich, ich, ich,
我几乎说不出话来
I could hardly speak.
我以为每个德国人都是你。
I thought every German was you.
而淫秽的语言
And the language obscene

一具引擎,一具引擎
An engine, an engine
当我是犹太人般嚓嘎地斥退我。
Chuffing me off like a Jew.
一个被送往达浩,奥胥维兹,巴森的犹太人。
A Jew to Dachau, Auschwitz, Belsen
我开始像犹太人那样说话。
I began to talk like a Jew.
我想我有足够的理由成为犹太人。
I think I may well be a Jew.

提洛尔的雪,维也纳的清啤酒
The snows of the Tyrol, the clear beer of Vienna
并非十分纯正。
Are not very pure or true.
以我的吉卜赛血缘和诡异的运道
With my gypsy ancestress and my weird luck
加上我的塔罗牌,我的塔罗牌
And my Taroc pack and my Taroc pack
我或许真有几分像犹太人。
I may be a bit of a Jew.

我始终畏惧你,
I have always been scared of you,
你的德国空军,你的德国腔调。
With your Luftwaffe, your gobbledygoo.
你整齐的短髭,
And your neat moustache
和你印欧语族的眼睛,明澈的蓝。
And your Aryan eye, bright blue.
装甲队员,装甲队员,啊你——
Panzer-man, panzer-man, O You——

不是上帝,只是个卐字
Not God but a swastika
如此黝黑,就是天空也无法穿过。
So black no sky could squeak through.
每一个女人都崇拜法西斯主义者,
Every woman adores a Fascist,
长靴踩在脸上,畜生
The boot in the face, the brute
如你,兽性兽性的心。
Brute heart of a brute like you.

你站在黑板旁边,爹地,
You stand at the blackboard, daddy,
我有这么一张你的照片,
In the picture I have of you,
一道裂痕深深刻入颚部而不在脚上
A cleft in your chin instead of your foot
但还是同样的魔鬼,一点也不
But no less a devil for that, no not
逊于那曾把我美好赤红的心
Any less the black man who

咬成两半的黑人。
Bit my pretty red heart in two.
你下葬那年我十岁。
I was ten when they buried you.
二十岁时我就试图自杀,
At twenty I tried to die
想回到,回到,回到你的身边。
And get back, back, back to you.
我想即便是一堆尸骨也行。
I thought even the bones would do.

但是他们把我拖离此一劫数,
But they pulled me out of the sack,
还用胶水将我黏合。
And they stuck me together with glue,
之后我知道该怎么做。
And then I knew what to do.
我塑造了一尊你的偶像,
I made a model of you.
一个带着《我的奋斗》眼神的黑衣人
A man in black with a Meinkampf look

以及一个拷问台和拇指夹的爱好者。
And a love of the rack and the screw.
我说我愿意,我愿意。
And I said I do, I do.
所以爹地,我终于完了。
So daddy, I'm finally through.
黑色的电话线源断了,
The black telephone's off at the root,
声音就是无法爬行而过。
The voices just can't worm through.

如果我已杀一人,我等于杀了两个——
If I've killed one man, I've killed two——
那吸血鬼说他就是你
The vampire who said he was you
并且啜饮我的血已一年,
And drank my blood for a year,
实际是七年,如果你真想知道。
Seven years, if you want to know.
爹地,你现在可以安息了。
Daddy, you can lie back now.

你肥胖的黑心里藏有一把利刃,
There's a stake in your fat black heart
村民们从来就没有喜欢过你。
And the villagers never liked you.
他们在你身上舞蹈践踏。
They are dancing and stamping on you.
而他们很清楚那就是你。
They always knew it was you.
爹地,爹地,你这浑球,我完了。
Daddy, daddy, you bastard, I'm through.


1962.10.12
添加译本