晨歌佚名 译

Morning Song西尔维娅·普拉斯


爱使你走动像一只肥胖的金表。
Love set you going like a fat gold watch.
接生婆拍打你的脚掌,你赤裸的哭喊
The midwife slapped your footsoles, and your bald cry
便在万物中占有一席之地。
Took its place among the elements.

我们的声音呼应着,渲染你的来临。新的雕像
Our voices echo, magnifying your arrival. New statue.
在通风良好的博物馆里,你的赤裸
In a drafty museum, your nakedness
遮蔽我们的安全。我们石墙般茫然站立。
Shadows our safety. We stand round blankly as walls.

我不是你的母亲
I’m no more your mother
一如乌云洒下一面镜子映照自己缓缓
Than the cloud that distills a mirror to reflect its own slow
消逝于风的摆布。
Effacement at the wind’s hand.

整个晚上你蛾般的呼吸
All night your moth-breath
扑烁于全然粉红的玫瑰花间。我醒来听着:
Flickers among the flat pink roses. I wake to listen:
远方的潮汐在耳中涌动。
A far sea moves in my ear.

一有哭声,我便从床上踉跄而起,笨重如牛,穿着
One cry, and I stumble from bed, cow-heavy and floral
维多利亚式的睡袍,满身花纹。
In my Victorian nightgown.
你猫般纯净的小嘴开启。窗格子
Your mouth opens clean as a cat’s. The window square

泛白且吞噬其单调的星辰。现在你试唱
Whitens and swallows its dull stars. And now you try
满手的音符;
Your handful of notes;
清晰的元音升起一如气球。
The clear vowels rise like balloons.


添加译本