I WOULD that we were, my beloved, white birds on the foam of the sea:
爱人哪,但愿我们是大海浪尖上的白鸟:
We tire of the flame of the meteor, before it can pass by and flee;
流星一闪而过,我们厌倦了那一丝光照;
And the flame of the blue star of twilight, hung low on the rim of the sky,
蓝星低挂天边,我们厌倦了那暮色中的辉耀,
Has awaked in our hearts, my beloved, a sadness that never may die.
亲爱的,它们唤醒了心中忧伤的阴影,把我们终身笼罩。
A weariness comes from those dreamers, dew-dabbled, the lily and rose, 5
露湿的百合与玫瑰,不必魂牵梦绕,
Ah, dream not of them, my beloved, the flame of the meteor that goes,
啊,切莫梦想流星陨落时那一丝光照,
Or the flame of the blue star that lingers hung low in the fall of the dew:
切莫梦想露珠里蓝星熠熠闪耀:
For I would we were changed to white birds on the wandering foam—I and you.
因为我只愿我们变成浪尖上的白鸟。
I am haunted by numberless islands, and many a Danaan shore,
我眷恋丹南的海岸,我沉迷无数的小岛,
Where Time would surely forget us, and Sorrow come near us no more: 10
在那里被时间遗忘,没有悲伤搅扰:
Soon far from the rose and the lily, the fret of the flames, would we be,
远离玫瑰、百合、光影,摆脱烦燥,亲爱的,
Were we only white birds, my beloved, buoyed out on the foam of the sea.
只要我们化作大海浪尖翻飞的白鸟。