Down by the Salley Gardens
在前面的柳园,
My love and I did meet;
我与爱人相会;
She passed the Salley Gardens
她从那里走过,
With little snow-white feet.
两足娇小,雪白生辉。
She bid me take love easy,
她嘱我轻轻松松相爱,
As the leaves grow on the tree;
像树枝上新叶吐翠;
But I, being young and foolish,
她的话我没有放在心上,
With her would not agree.
只因太过年轻愚昧。
In a field by the river
站在河边的一片田野,
My love and I did stand,
我与爱人互相面对,
And on my leaning shoulder
她搭着我斜依的肩膀,
She laid her snow-white hand.
雪白的纤手令人沉醉。
She bid me take life easy,
她嘱我平平静静生活,
As the grass grows on the weirs;
像河堰上的青草把季节跟随。
But I was young and foolish,
只因太过年轻愚昧,
And now am full of tears.
到如今只落得满面泪水。