在前面的柳园,
Down by the Salley Gardens
我与爱人相会;
My love and I did meet;
她从那里走过,
She passed the Salley Gardens
两足娇小,雪白生辉。
With little snow-white feet.
她嘱我轻轻松松相爱,
She bid me take love easy,
像树枝上新叶吐翠;
As the leaves grow on the tree;
她的话我没有放在心上,
But I, being young and foolish,
只因太过年轻愚昧。
With her would not agree.
站在河边的一片田野,
In a field by the river
我与爱人互相面对,
My love and I did stand,
她搭着我斜依的肩膀,
And on my leaning shoulder
雪白的纤手令人沉醉。
She laid her snow-white hand.
她嘱我平平静静生活,
She bid me take life easy,
像河堰上的青草把季节跟随。
As the grass grows on the weirs;
只因太过年轻愚昧,
But I was young and foolish,
到如今只落得满面泪水。
And now am full of tears.