In the beginning, there was your mouth:
在开始时,是你的唇:
soft rose, rose murmur, murmured breath, a warm
柔软的玫瑰,玫瑰呢喃,呢喃的呼吸,温暖的
cardinal wind that drew my needle north.
纯正的风让我的磁针指向北方。
Magnetic flux, the press of form to form.
磁流场,形与形的叠塑。
In the beginning, there was your mouth—
在开始时,是你的唇--
the trailhead, the pathhead faintly opened,
路与路的开口怯生生地打开,
the canyon, river-carved, farther south,
在更远的南方,那峡谷被河流割开,
and ahead: the field, the direction chosen.
而我的面前:一片田野,我选择的方向。
In the beginning, there was your mouth,
在开始时,是你的唇,
a sky full of stars, raked or raking, clock-
一片布满星光的天空,被开垦或在开垦,
wise or west, and in the close or mammoth
顺时针或直向西,已经完成或问题巨大,
matter, my heart’s red muscle, knocked and knocked.
我心脏的红色肌肉,敲击敲击敲击。
In the beginning, there was your mouth,
在开始时,是你的唇,
And nothing since but what the earth bears out.
之后便空无一物,除了大地无声的证明。