Into Battle穆旦 译

出发穆旦


Point us to peace and we a - slaughtering go,
告诉我们和平又必需杀戮,
Order us love first what we hate most.
而那可厌的我们先得去喜欢。
For it is not sufficient adoring Human;
知道了“人”不够,我们再学习
To crush it we learn. In mechanic formation,
蹂躏它的方法,排成机械的阵式,
Let body and mind take beastly motion.
智力体力蠕动着像一群野兽,

And tell us to appreciate it. Suddenly we know
告诉我们这是新的美。因为
The flower we kissed is ours no more.
我们吻过的已经失去了自由;
Gone are the old days, but nearer to future;
好的日子去了,可是接近未来,
Give us vision and revision, give us death,
给我们失望和希望,给我们死,
To destroy the work of death we venture.
因为那死的制造必需摧毁。

Give us a heart sensitive yet try it
给我们善感的心灵又要它歌唱
To sing violence. Our joys and despair
僵硬的声音。个人的哀喜
Are multipled, yet these to neglect
被大量制造又该被蔑视
To nib and distort, is now life buoyant.
被否定,被僵化,是人生的意义;
There is a malign trick in your plan
在你的计划里有毒害的一环,

O Lord, who trap us thus in the hold of Present.
就把我们囚进现在,呵上帝!
Along dog - teeth tunnel we march, groping
在犬牙的甬道中让我们反复
To and fro. Let us take as one truth
行进,让我们相信你句句的紊乱
Your contradictions. O let us be patient,
是一个真理。而我们是皈依的,
You who endow us with fulfilment, and its agonies.
你给我们丰富,和丰富的痛苦。


1942.2
1942.2
添加译本