LIFE-LONG UNDERCOVER明迪, Katie Farris 译

终身卧底胡续冬


What planet are you from, stranger?
不止我一个人怀疑
You have an outer space violin in your left ear
你是来自另一个星球的神秘生物
that plays a string of quiet clouds
你的左耳里有一把外太空的小提琴
in the noisy subway.
能够在嘈杂的地铁里
I suspected it, and others, too, suspected it
演奏出一团安静的星云
and, true: you have a strange device on your retina
你的视网膜上有奇怪的科技
that can always catch the small ads falling from the sky
总能在大街上发现一两张
through the windy air down to the streets.
穿过大气层陨落下来的小广告
Even the sleeping fats in your body are suspiciously
甚至连你身上那些沉睡的脂肪
beautiful. I worry that one day you will
都美得极其可疑
wing your way back to that other planet with the potato chips
它们是你藏在皮肤下的翅膀
that are left in your hands decorating your big wings.
我总担心有一天你会
And I will be left here alone trying to decipher
挥动着缀满薯片的大翅膀飞回外星
your space diary written in rain and snow.
留下我孤独地破译
I worry. I always worry. But fortunately I’ve snapped a wavelength
你写在一滴雨、一片雪里的宇宙日记
of your planet by pulling out a poetic antenna
好在今天早上你在厨房做饭的时候
in the back of my head
我偷偷地拉开了后脑勺的诗歌天线
while you are cooking in the kitchen. You are cooking again
截获了一段你那个星球的电波
this morning. A little voice of alien vowels issues an order
一个很有爱的异次元声音
to the woodpecker
正向我们家阳台五米远处
five meters from our balcony: Let her stay there life-long
一颗老槐树上的啄木鸟下达指令:
undercover
让她在他身边作终身卧底
at his side, don’t try to wake her up.
千万不要试图把她唤醒


2009.11.16
添加译本