在通往明尼苏达州罗切斯特的公路边上,
Just off the highway to Rochester, Minnesota,
暮色轻柔地在草地上向前跳跃。
Twilight bounds softly forth on the grass.
两匹印第安小马温和的
And the eyes of those two Indian ponies
眼睛,变得模糊。
Darken with kindness.
他们愉快地从柳树下出来
They have come gladly out of the willows
欢迎我和我的朋友。
To welcome my friend and me.
我们跨过铁丝蒺藜走进牧场,
We step over the barbed wire into the pasture
他们整天都在那里吃草,孤独。
Where they have been grazing all day, alone.
They ripple tensely, they can hardly contain their happiness
小马紧张地晃动着,简直高兴得不得了,
That we have come.
因为我们到来。
They bow shyly as wet swans. They love each other.
他们害羞地弯下脖子像湿润的天鹅。他们彼此相爱。
There is no loneliness like theirs.
没有什么孤独像他们那样。
At home once more, they begin munching the young tufts of spring in the darkness.
又到家了,
I would like to hold the slenderer one in my arms,
黑暗中他们开始响亮地咀嚼春天里新生的草丛。
For she has walked over to me
我想用胳膊抱住纤瘦一点的那匹,
And nuzzled my left hand.
因为她朝我走过来
She is black and white,
用嘴摩蹭我的左手。
Her mane falls wild on her forehead,
And the light breeze moves me to caress her long ear
她的毛色黑白,
That is delicate as the skin over a girl's wrist.
鬃毛散落在前额上,
Suddenly I realize
轻柔的风触动我去抚摸她的长耳朵
That if I stepped out of my body I would break
它们纤柔得像女孩手腕上的肌肤。
Into blossom.
倏然间我觉得
假如我走出我的身体,我将破茧
而盛开。