悲哀的孩子马永波 译

A Sad Child玛格丽特·阿特伍德


你是悲哀的因为你悲哀。
You're sad because you're sad.
它是心灵。它是年纪。它是化学。
It's psychic. It's the age. It's chemical.
去看精神病医生,去吃药,
Go see a shrink or take a pill,
或者拥抱你的悲哀像盲眼的玩偶
or hug your sadness like an eyeless doll
你需要睡觉。
you need to sleep.

好吧,所有的孩子都是悲哀的
Well, all children are sad
但有些孩子克服了它。
but some get over it.
算算你的幸遇。最好是,
Count your blessings. Better than that,
买顶帽子。买个外套或者宠物。
buy a hat. Buy a coat or pet.
继续跳舞,把一切忘掉。
Take up dancing to forget.

忘掉什么?
Forget what?
你的悲哀,你的影子,
Your sadness, your shadow,
任何让你难过的事
whatever it was that was done to you
草坪派对的那天
the day of the lawn party
当你进来,被阳光晒红了脸,
when you came inside flushed with the sun,
你绷着的嘴上有糖渣,
your mouth sulky with sugar,
穿着有缎带的
in your new dress with the ribbon
被冰激凌弄脏的新衣服,
and the ice-cream smear,
在浴室里对自己说,
and said to yourself in the bathroom,
我不是招人喜欢的孩子。
I am not the favorite child.

亲爱的,当悲哀
My darling, when it comes
一直延续下来
right down to it
光芒暗淡,雾气卷入
and the light fails and the fog rolls in
你翻倒的身体困在
and you're trapped in your overturned body
毯子或燃烧的汽车下面,
under a blanket or burning car,

有红色火焰从你身体中渗出
and the red flame is seeping out of you
点燃你脑袋旁的柏油路
and igniting the tarmac beside your head
要么是地板,要么是枕头,
or else the floor, or else the pillow,
我们都不这样;
none of us is;
要么就都这样。
or else we all are.


添加译本