尤其当十月的风
Especially when the October wind
伸出寒冷的手指痛击我的发丝,
With frosty fingers punishes my hair,
受制于蟹行的太阳,我踏着烈火而来,
Caught by the crabbing sun I walk on fire
在地面投下一片影子,蟹一样爬行,
And cast a shadow crab upon the land,
我站在海边,倾听群鸟的喧鸣,
By the sea's side, hearing the noise of birds,
倾听渡鸦咳叫在冬日的枝头,
Hearing the raven cough in winter sticks,
我忙碌的心一阵阵颤栗,当她
My busy heart who shudders as she talks
倾泻音节般的血液,倾吐她的话语。
Sheds the syllabic blood and drains her words.
也被关入言词之塔,我留意
Shut, too, in a tower of words, I mark
地平线上树林般行走的
On the horizon walking like the trees
女人身姿喋喋不休,以及公园里
The wordy shapes of women, and the rows
一排排孩子星星般显露。
Of the star-gestured children in the park.
有人让我制作你,用发元音的山毛榉,
Some let me make you of the vowelled beeches,
有人让我用橡树的声音,从荆棘丛生的
Some of the oaken voices, from the roots
州郡根须告知你音符,
Of many a thorny shire tell you notes,
有人让我塑造你,用水的言词。
Some let me make you of the water's speeches.
在一盆羊齿草后面,摇摆的钟
Behind a pot of ferns the wagging clock
告诉我时辰的讯息,神经的意图
Tells me the hour's word, the neural meaning
盘旋于茎秆的花盘,在雄鸡啼晓时,
Flies on the shafted disk, declaims the morning
宣告早晨降临,并预报刮风的天气。
And tells the windy weather in the cock.
有人让我制作你,用草地的标志;
Some let me make you of the meadow's signs;
草符告诉我知晓的一切
The signal grass that tells me all I know
透过目光挣脱蠕虫似的冬天。
Breaks with the wormy winter through the eye.
有人让我告知你渡鸦的罪过。
Some let me tell you of the raven's sins.
尤其当十月的风
Especially when the October wind
(有人让我塑造你,用秋天的字符,
(Some let me make you of autumnal spells,
蜘蛛的话语,以及威尔士喧闹的山岗)
The spider-tongued, and the loud hill of Wales)
握紧萝卜般的拳头惩处大地,
With fists of turnips punishes the land,
有人让我塑造你,用无情的词语。
Some let me make you of the heartless words.
心已耗尽,一股股疾奔的热血,
The heart is drained that, spelling in the scurry
预警狂暴即刻来临。
Of chemic blood, warned of the coming fury.
站在海边,倾听群鸟鸣叫黑色的元音。
By the sea's side hear the dark-vowelled birds.