O blithe New-comer! I have heard,
欢畅的新客呵!我已经听到
I hear thee and rejoice.
你叫了,听了真快乐。
O Cuckoo! shall I call thee Bird,
杜鹃呵!该把你叫作飞鸟,
Or but a wandering Voice?
或只是飘忽的音波?
While I am lying on the grass
我静静偃卧在青草地上,
Thy twofold shout I hear;
听见你呼唤的双音;
From hill to hill it seems to pass
这音响从山冈飞向山冈,
At once far off, and near.
回旋在远远近近。
Though babbling only to the Vale,
你只向山谷咕咕倾诉,
Of sunshine and of flowers,
咏赞阳光与花枝,
Thou bringest unto me a tale
这歌声却仿佛向我讲述
Of visionary hours.
如梦年华的故事。
Thrice welcome, darling of the Spring!
春天的骄子!欢迎你,欢迎!
Even yet thou art to me
至今,我仍然觉得你
No bird, but an invisible thing,
不是鸟,而是无形的精灵,
A voice, a mystery;
是音波,是一团神秘。
The same whom in my schoolboy days
与童年听到的一模一样——
I listened to; that Cry
那时,你们的啼鸣
Which made me look a thousand ways
使我向林莽、树梢、天上
In bush, and tree, and sky.
千百遍瞻望不停。
To seek thee did I often rove
为了寻觅你,我多次游荡,
Through woods and on the green;
越过幽林和草地;
And thou wert still a hope, a love;
你是一种爱,一种希望,
Still longed for, never seen.
被追寻,却不露形迹。
And I can listen to thee yet;
今天,我还能偃卧在草原,
Can lie upon the plain
静听着你的音乐,
And listen, till I do beget
直到我心底悠悠再现
That golden time again.
往昔的黄金岁月。
O blessèd Bird! the earth we pace
吉祥的鸟儿呵!这大地沃野
Again appears to be
如今,在我们脚下
An unsubstantial, faery place;
仿佛又成了缥缈的仙界,
That is fit home for Thee!
正宜于给你住家!