致杜鹃杨德豫 译

To the Cuckoo威廉·华兹华斯(华兹华斯)


欢畅的新客呵!我已经听到
O blithe New-comer! I have heard,
 你叫了,听了真快乐。
 I hear thee and rejoice.
杜鹃呵!该把你叫作飞鸟,
O Cuckoo! shall I call thee Bird,
 或只是飘忽的音波?
 Or but a wandering Voice?

我静静偃卧在青草地上,
While I am lying on the grass
 听见你呼唤的双音; 
 Thy twofold shout I hear;
这音响从山冈飞向山冈,
From hill to hill it seems to pass
 回旋在远远近近。
 At once far off, and near.

你只向山谷咕咕倾诉,
Though babbling only to the Vale,
 咏赞阳光与花枝,
 Of sunshine and of flowers,
这歌声却仿佛向我讲述
Thou bringest unto me a tale
 如梦年华的故事。
 Of visionary hours.

春天的骄子!欢迎你,欢迎!
Thrice welcome, darling of the Spring!
 至今,我仍然觉得你
 Even yet thou art to me
不是鸟,而是无形的精灵,
No bird, but an invisible thing,
 是音波,是一团神秘。
 A voice, a mystery;

与童年听到的一模一样——
The same whom in my schoolboy days
 那时,你们的啼鸣
 I listened to; that Cry
使我向林莽、树梢、天上
Which made me look a thousand ways
 千百遍瞻望不停。
 In bush, and tree, and sky.
为了寻觅你,我多次游荡,
To seek thee did I often rove
 越过幽林和草地;
 Through woods and on the green;
你是一种爱,一种希望,
And thou wert still a hope, a love;
 被追寻,却不露形迹。
 Still longed for, never seen.

今天,我还能偃卧在草原,
And I can listen to thee yet;
 静听着你的音乐,
 Can lie upon the plain
直到我心底悠悠再现
And listen, till I do beget
 往昔的黄金岁月。
 That golden time again.

吉祥的鸟儿呵!这大地沃野
O blessèd Bird! the earth we pace
 如今,在我们脚下
 Again appears to be
仿佛又成了缥缈的仙界,
An unsubstantial, faery place;
 正宜于给你住家!
 That is fit home for Thee!


添加译本