Temptation切斯瓦夫·米沃什

诱惑张曙光 译


Under a starry sky I was taking a walk,
我在星空下散步,
On a ridge overlooking neon cities,
在山脊上眺望城市的灯火,
With my companion, the spirit of desolation,
带着我的伙伴,那颗凄凉的灵魂,
Who was running around and sermonizing,
它游荡并在说教,
Saying that I was not necessary, for if not I, then someone else
说起我不是必然地,如果不是我,那么另一个人
Would be walking here, trying to understand his age.
也会来到这里,试图理解他的时代。
Had I died long ago nothing would have changed.
即便我很久以前死去也不会有变化。
The same stars, cities and countries
那些相同的星辰,城市和乡村
Would have been seen with other eyes.
将会被另外的眼睛观望。
The world and its labors would go on as they do.
世界和它的劳作将一如既往。
For Christ’s sake, get away from me.

You’ve tormented me enough, I said.
看在基督份上,离开我,
It’s not up to me to judge the calling of men.
我说,你已经折磨够我。
And my merits, if any, I won’t know anyway.
不应由我来判断人们的召唤。
而我的价值,如果有,无论如何我不知晓。


添加译本