逃亡布鲁斯光诸 译

Refugee Blues威斯坦·休·奥登


这座城里住着一千万灵魂,
Say this city has ten million souls,
有的住上高楼,有些住在洞里,
Some are living in mansions, some are living in holes:
但是没有哪个地方是为我们准备的,我亲爱的,没有哪个地方是我们的。
Yet there's no place for us, my dear, yet there's no place for us.

我们曾经有个国家我们觉得这是公平的,
Once we had a country and we thought it fair,
看看地图集你可以找到它:
Look in the atlas and you'll find it there:
我们现在到不了那儿,我亲爱的,我们到不了那儿。
We cannot go there now, my dear, we cannot go there now.

乡村教堂院里长着一棵老红豆杉,
In the village churchyard there grows an old yew,
每年春天它都吐绿翻生:
Every spring it blossoms anew:
老护照做不了这个,我亲爱的,老护照做不了这个。
Old passports can't do that, my dear, old passports can't do that.

公使敲着桌子说,
The consul banged the table and said,
「如果你没有护照,你在我这儿就是死人」:
"If you've got no passport you're officially dead":
但是我们仍然活着,我亲爱的,但是我们仍然活着。
But we are still alive, my dear, but we are still alive.

去找委员会,他们会给我一把椅子;
Went to a committee; they offered me a chair;
礼貌地让我明年回去:
Asked me politely to return next year:
但是我们今天回哪儿,我亲爱的,我们今天回哪儿?
But where shall we go to-day, my dear, but where shall we go to-day?

来到一个公开集会,演讲人站起来说,
Came to a public meeting; the speaker got up and said;
「如果我们让他们进来,他们会偷走我们每天的面包」:
"If we let them in, they will steal our daily bread":
他是在说我们,我亲爱的,他是在说我们。
He was talking of you and me, my dear, he was talking of you and me.

我想我听到了天边的雷声,
Thought I heard the thunder rumbling in the sky;
那是希特勒跨在欧洲身上,「他们必须死」:
It was Hitler over Europe, saying, "They must die":
噢,他在想着我们,我亲爱的,他在想着我们。
O we were in his mind, my dear, O we were in his mind.

看那贵宾犬穿着小夹克戴着小项圈穿着小带子,
Saw a poodle in a jacket fastened with a pin,
看那门打开一只猫咪钻进去:
Saw a door opened and a cat let in:
但它们不是德国犹太人,但它们不是德国犹太人。
But they weren't German Jews, my dear, but they weren't German Jews.

走进港口站在码头之上,
Went down the harbour and stood upon the quay,
看那鱼儿游泳仿佛它们是自由的:
Saw the fish swimming as if they were free:
我和它们只差10英尺,我亲爱的,只差10英尺。
Only ten feet away, my dear, only ten feet away.

穿过树林,看到鸟儿在树上;
Walked through a wood, saw the birds in the trees;
它们没有政治家唱得很轻松:
They had no politicians and sang at their ease:
它们并非人类,我亲爱的,它们并非人类。
They weren't the human race, my dear, they weren't the human race.

我梦见看到一座房子有一千层,
Dreamed I saw a building with a thousand floors,
一千个窗户一千扇门:
A thousand windows and a thousand doors:
没有一个是我们的,我亲爱的,没有一个是我们的。
Not one of them was ours, my dear, not one of them was ours.

Stood on a great plain in the falling snow;
站在一个大平原上此时下着雪,
Ten thousand soldiers marched to and fro:
一万个士兵列队走来走去:
Looking for you and me, my dear, looking for you and me.
他们在找我和你,我亲爱的,他们在找我和你。


添加译本