小号的声音,嘹亮而专断,
The trumpet's voice, loud and authoritative,
引我走到亮灯的玻璃旁窥看这些跳舞的人——全都小于二十五——
Draws me a moment to the lighted glass
专注地挪步,潮红的脸对着脸,
To watch the dancers - all under twenty-five -
庄重地踏着幸福的节奏。
Solemnly on the beat of happiness.
——或是因为我想要,嗅着烟味和汗味,
- Or so I fancy, sensing the smoke and sweat,
幻想触摸姑娘的美妙。为什么要站在外面?
The wonderful feel of girls. Why be out there ?
但,又为什么要去到里面?性,是的,但什么
But then, why be in there? Sex, yes, but what
是性?当然,是想着最大分量的幸福
Is sex ? Surely to think the lion's share
被情侣们独占——完全
Of happiness is found by couples - sheer
错误,就我而言。
Inaccuracy, as far as I'm concerned.
召唤我的是那高悬的、喉咙粗野的钟
What calls me is that lifted, rough-tongued bell
(艺术,如果你喜欢这样称呼)它孤独的声音
(Art, if you like) whose individual sound
坚定地认为我也孤独。
Insists I too am individual.
它说;我听;其他人或许也听得见,
It speaks; I hear; others may hear as well,
但不是为我,我也不是为他们;其实幸福
But not for me, nor I for them; and so
也一样。所以我待在外面,
With happiness. Therefor I stay outside,
有我的理由,他们来回磕绊,
Believing this, and they maul to and fro,
有他的理由;彼此都满足,
Believing that; and both are satisfied,
假如没有人对自己判断错误。或撒谎。
If no one has misjudged himself. Or lied.