缺席舒丹丹 译

Absence伊丽莎白·詹宁斯


我去了我们最后一次见面的地方。
I visited the place where we last met.
什么也没改变,花园照管得很好,
Nothing was changed, the gardens were well-tended,
喷泉喷射着它们惯常的稳定的水流;
The fountains sprayed their usual steady jet;
没有迹象表明某事已经结束,
There was no sign that anything had ended
也没有什么教我学会忘记。
And nothing to instruct me to forget.

一些愚笨的鸟儿从树里面窜出来,
The thoughtless birds that shook out of the trees,
唱着我无法分享的欢喜,
Singing an ecstasy I could not share,
在我的思想里玩弄诡计。当然这些
Played cunning in my thoughts. Surely in these
欢乐里不可能有要忍受的痛苦,
Pleasures there could not be a pain to bear
也没有任何不和谐颤动这平静的风。
Or any discord shake the level breeze.

只因这个地方还和从前一样,
It was because the place was just the same
使得你的缺席像是一股残忍的力量,
That made your absence seem a savage force,
因为在这所有的温柔之下
For under all the gentleness there came
一场地震的战栗来临:喷泉,鸟儿和青草
An earthquake tremor: Fountain, birds and grass
因我想起你的名字而颤抖。
Were shaken by my thinking of your name.


添加译本