(给B姓某人)
Remember, when you held my hand
over a restaurant-table
还记得吗,在巴黎圣母院的阴影中,
in the shadow of Notre Dame.
你越过餐馆的桌子,
Already, my head was flying,
握住我的手?
I wanted this wild happiness
在此之前,我的脑袋已经飞起来,
我希望这种狂野的幸福,
to last. ‘I'll have that hand’,
you said, and we grinned at our beginnings
能到永远。“我想要这只手”,
which were also endings —
你说,我们咧嘴微笑
the past without you seemed remote.
在我们的起点,也是我们的终点
Here was the postscript
——没有你的日子看起来如此遥远。
该说的已经说了,
I'd been searching for
以下是附加的话:
proving life could begin again
at thirty-five or forty
我一直在试图证明
as we stormed landings,
生活可以重新开始
scanned futures
在35岁或者40岁,
当我们暴风中着陆,
felt love sitting lightly
对未来进行扫描时,
on our shoulders, a cocoon
spun and spun, busy with
感到“爱”轻柔地坐在
perfections — holding whole days
我们的肩头,一个蚕茧
in its embrace.
转啊转,忙碌于
编织完美——把所有的日子
拥进它的怀抱中。