栖息着的鹰袁可嘉 译

Hawk Roosting泰德·休斯(Ted Hughes)


我坐在树的顶端,把眼睛闭上。
I sit in the top of the wood, my eyes closed.
一动也不动,在我弯弯的脑袋
Inaction, no falsifying dream
和弯弯的脚爪间没有弄虚作假的梦:
Between my hooked head and hooked feet:
也不在睡眠中排演完美的捕杀或吃什么。
Or in sleep rehearse perfect kills and eat.

高高的树真够方便的!
The convenience of the high trees!
空气的畅通,太阳的光芒
The air's buoyancy and the sun's ray
都对我有利;
Are of advantage to me;
地球的脸朝上,任我察看。
And the earth's face upward for my inspection.

我的双脚钉在粗砺的树皮上。
My feet are locked upon the rough bark.
真得用整个造化之力
It took the whole of Creation
才能生我这只脚、我的每根羽毛:
To produce my foot, my each feather:
如今我的脚控制着天地
Now I hold Creation in my foot

或者飞上去,慢悠悠地旋转它——
Or fly up, and revolve it all slowly -
我高兴时就捕杀,因为一切都是我的。
I kill where I please because it is all mine.
我躯体里并无奥秘:
There is no sophistry in my body:
我的举止就是把别个的脑袋撕下来——
My manners are tearing off heads -

分配死亡。
The allotment of death.
因为我飞翔的一条路线是直接
For the one path of my flight is direct
穿过生物的骨骼。
Through the bones of the living.
我的权力无须论证:
No arguments assert my right:

太阳就在我背后。
The sun is behind me.
我开始以来,什么也不曾改变。
Nothing has changed since I began.
我的眼睛不允许改变。
My eye has permitted no change.
我打算让世界就这样子下去。
I am going to keep things like this.


1970
1970
添加译本