幽暗中,一个女人对我唱着柔和的歌声,
Softly in the dusk, a woman is singing to me;
把我引入回忆,直到眼前重现昔日情景——
Taking me back down the vista of years, till I see
一个孩子坐在钢琴底下,在钢弦轰鸣中央
A child sitting under the piano, in the boom of the tingling strings
依偎着母亲的纤足,听她微笑着歌唱。
And pressing the small, poise feet of a mother who smiles as she sings.
我身不由己,被这歌声的狡诈艺术
In spite of myself, the insidious mastery of song
诱回往昔,直到我的心哭泣着要求归属
Betrays me back, till the heart of me weeps to belong
昔日家中假日的傍晚,门窗把冬天阻挡,
To the old Sunday evenings at home, with winter outside
舒适的厅内颂歌荡漾、钢琴丁当为我们导航。
And hymns in the cozy parlor, the tinkling piano our guide.
此刻哪怕歌手突然爆发出喧声强烈,
So now it is vain for the singer to burst into clamor
黑色大钢琴也热情奔泻。童稚的日月
With the great black piano appassionato. The glamour
已经把我迷住,我的男子气概已没入
Of childish days is upon me, my manhood is cast
回忆的洪波,我像孩子似的为过去哀哭。
Down in the flood of remembrance, I weep like a child for the past.