有一天世界倒坍在我身上
When the world came down upon me
天空之门关闭,
and the sky closed like a door,
遥远的声音充塞我的双耳。
sounds filled my ears from far away.
我躺在地上。
I lay down on the floor.
近在咫尺的人看不见我,
And no one near could find me,
近在咫尺的事物不属于我。
and nothing near was mine.
我陷入地面
I sank into the floorboards
远离喧嚣,
from the voices,
陷入安适之乡。
soft and kind.
不知过了多久,我忽然有了一个念头,
Until one thought got through to me,
我的头脑中出现一幅画面:
one image filled my mind:
一支铅笔,一张纸
a pencil and a paper lying
就在我手边。
close to hand, nearby.
恍惚间我拿起纸笔涂下一个词
Somehow I took them up and traced
接着又写了一个,
one word and then the next,
一个一个词连成一条链
until they linked together in a chain
搅乱我眼中的黑暗,
that first perplexed the darkness
随后
in my eyes, then,
我划着我的纸船
rowing on my paper barque,
很快就划了好远
I soon was far away
回望我留下的波痕
and saw the water trail I'd left
它腾空升起,成为一条链——
rise up into a chain—
一条通往高处的梯子
a ladder reaching high above
通向光明,音声,和朋友。
to light and sound and friends.
就这样,我从无边无际的悲伤之中
And that's how I climbed out
爬了出来。
of the grief that has no end.