It's Raining in Love理查德·布劳提根

爱情里正在下雨肖水, 陈汐 译


I don't know what it is,
不知道为什么,
but I distrust myself
每当我喜欢一个女孩,
when I start to like a girl
  很喜欢,
     a lot.
我就开始怀疑自己。

It makes me nervous.
我会紧张。
I don't say the right things
我会说错话,
or perhaps I start
或者开始
     to examine,
 斟酌,
          evaluate,
   掂量,
               compute
     计算
     what I am saying.
  我说的每个字。

If I say, "Do you think it's going to rain?"
如果我说:“你觉得会下雨吗?”
and she says, "I don't know,"
她说:“我不知道。”
I start thinking: Does she really like me?
我就琢磨:她真的喜欢我吗?

In other words
换句话说,
I get a little creepy.
我变得有点吓人。

A friend of mine once said,
我的一位朋友说过,
"It's twenty times better to be friends
“一些人
     with someone
做朋友比做恋人
than it is to be in love with them."
好二十倍!”

I think he's right and besides,
我想他是对的,另外,
it's raining somewhere, programming flowers
某处正在下雨,花朵仿佛程序接受了指令,
and keeping snails happy.
蜗牛快乐无比。
     That's all taken care of.
  一切井然有序。

               BUT
     但是
if a girl likes me a lot
如果一个女孩很喜欢我
and starts getting real nervous
然后她变得很不安
and suddenly begins asking me funny questions
然后忽然问我一些滑稽的问题
and looks sad if I give the wrong answers
然后如果我答错了,她就不高兴
and she says things like,
然后她会问:
"Do you think it's going to rain?"
“你觉得会下雨吗?”
and I say, "It beats me,"
然后我说:“这可难倒我了。”
and she says, "Oh,"
然后她说,“哦”,
and looks a little sad
然后有点不高兴地
at the clear blue California sky
看着加州干净的蓝天,
I think: Thank God, it's you, baby, this time
我想:感谢上帝,这次难过的是你,
     instead of me.
  而不是我。


添加译本