It's Raining in Love理查德·布劳提根

我的爱在滴雨光诸 译


I don't know what it is,
我不知道为什么,
but I distrust myself
我会失去对自己的信任,
when I start to like a girl
当我非常喜欢一个女孩时。
     a lot.


这让我紧张。
It makes me nervous.
我说不出正确的话,
I don't say the right things
或者我开始
or perhaps I start
 审视,
     to examine,
      评估,
          evaluate,
           计算
               compute
我所说的一切。
     what I am saying.


如果我说,“你觉得要下雨了吗?”
If I say, "Do you think it's going to rain?"
而她说,“我不知道。”
and she says, "I don't know,"
我就会开始想:她真的喜欢我吗?
I start thinking: Does she really like me?


换句话说,
In other words
我变得有点吓人。
I get a little creepy.


我一个朋友曾经说:
A friend of mine once said,
“和一个人做朋友
"It's twenty times better to be friends
比爱上他们
     with someone
好二十倍。”
than it is to be in love with them."


我觉得他说得对,而且,
I think he's right and besides,
某个地方正在下雨,滋养着花朵,
it's raining somewhere, programming flowers
让蜗牛开心。
and keeping snails happy.
一切都不用我们操心。
     That's all taken care of.


但是——
               BUT

if a girl likes me a lot
如果一个女孩很喜欢我,
and starts getting real nervous
开始变得非常紧张,
and suddenly begins asking me funny questions
突然开始问我奇怪的问题,
and looks sad if I give the wrong answers
如果我给出错误的答案就显得悲伤,
and she says things like,
如果她说类似的话:
"Do you think it's going to rain?"
“你觉得要下雨了吗?”
and I say, "It beats me,"
而我说,“我不知道。”
and she says, "Oh,"
她说,“哦。”
and looks a little sad
看着加州湛蓝的天空,
at the clear blue California sky
显得有点悲伤时,
I think: Thank God, it's you, baby, this time
我想:谢天谢地,这次是你,宝贝,而不是我。
     instead of me.


添加译本