恩赐厄土 译

A Blessing詹姆斯·赖特


才离开去往明尼苏达罗切斯特的高速路,
Just off the highway to Rochester, Minnesota,
暮光轻柔地跃动,在草地上前行。
Twilight bounds softly forth on the grass.
那两匹印第安马驹的眼睛
And the eyes of those two Indian ponies
变得乌黑而友善。
Darken with kindness.
它们欢快地步出柳林,
They have come gladly out of the willows
欢迎我和我的朋友。
To welcome my friend and me.
我们跨过铁刺网,走进牧场。
We step over the barbed wire into the pasture
它们整日在这里吃草,孤独。
Where they have been grazing all day, alone.
它们紧张地摇晃,喜悦难以自抑
They ripple tensely, they can hardly contain their happiness
因为我们的来临。
That we have come.
它们害羞地垂下头像湿漉漉的天鹅。它们彼此相爱。
They bow shyly as wet swans. They love each other.
它们的孤独无可比拟。
There is no loneliness like theirs.
再次回到家时,
At home once more, they begin munching the young tufts of spring in the darkness.
它们开始在黑暗里咀嚼春天新生的草木丛。
I would like to hold the slenderer one in my arms,
我想把那匹瘦小的马驹揽进怀里,
For she has walked over to me
因为她走向我,
And nuzzled my left hand.
轻蹭我的左手。
She is black and white,
她的毛色黑白相间,
Her mane falls wild on her forehead,
鬃毛散披在前额,
And the light breeze moves me to caress her long ear
微风催动我去抚摸她长长的耳朵,
That is delicate as the skin over a girl's wrist.
它们纤柔如少女手腕的肌肤。
Suddenly I realize
我蓦然意识到
That if I stepped out of my body I would break
如果我走出自己的身体,我也会破蕊
Into blossom.
盛开。


添加译本