一首诗是指向家园的一个手势。
A poem is a gesture toward home.
它让我对自己提出黑暗的要求。
It makes dark demands I call my own.
记忆索要的东西比我自身更黑暗:
Memory makes demands darker than my own:
我上一任男友开一辆酒红色的汽车。
My last love drove a burgundy car.
我第一任男友开一辆酒红色的汽车。
My first love drove a burgundy car.
他开车快得可怕,他像我父亲一样高大。
He was fast and awful, tall as my father.
带着他的固执和坏脾气,我高大的父亲
Steadfast and awful, my tall father
就像冰雹一样使劲打我。他在我身上留下印记。
Hit hard as a hailstorm. He'd leave marks.
小雨漫不经心地下着但留下它自己的印记
Light rain hits easy but leaves its ownmark
就像一个母亲又一次哭泣。
Like the sound of a mother weeping again.
就像我母亲又一次哭泣,
Like the sound of my mother weeping again,
没有一个声音结束于开始的音符。
No sound beating ends where it began.
拳头落下后我们就再也回不到当初
None of the beaten end up how we began.
一首诗是一个手势指向家园。
A poem is a gesture toward home.