栖息的鹰张文武 译

Hawk Roosting泰德·休斯(Ted Hughes)


我坐在树林的最高点,闭着双眼。
I sit in the top of the wood, my eyes closed.
一动不动。从我钩状的头到我钩状的双爪,
Inaction, no falsifying dream
没有虚无的梦:
Between my hooked head and hooked feet:
在睡眠中,也不去演习完美的捕杀和吞食。
Or in sleep rehearse perfect kills and eat.

这些高高的树木带给我的便利!
The convenience of the high trees!
空气的浮力和太阳的光线
The air's buoyancy and the sun's ray
都对我有利
Are of advantage to me;
大地面孔朝上,等着我的检阅
And the earth's face upward for my inspection.

我的双爪固定在粗糙的树皮上。
My feet are locked upon the rough bark.
上天极尽造物之能事
It took the whole of Creation
才创造出我的爪子和每一根羽毛
To produce my foot, my each feather:
而今我把万物握于爪中
Now I hold Creation in my foot

或者凌空飞起,将这一切慢慢地转动——
Or fly up, and revolve it all slowly -
只要我高兴,我可以随处捕杀,因为这一切都属于我
I kill where I please because it is all mine.
我的体内没有任何诡辩:
There is no sophistry in my body:
我的习惯是撕掉那些头颅——
My manners are tearing off heads -

死亡的恩典。
The allotment of death.
我飞行的路线只有一条,直接
For the one path of my flight is direct
贯穿那些生灵的骨骼。
Through the bones of the living.
我的权利无须论证:
No arguments assert my right:

太阳就在我的身后。
The sun is behind me.
自从我出现,就没有任何改变。
Nothing has changed since I began.
我的眼睛不允许任何改变。
My eye has permitted no change.
我要让一切就这样保持下去。
I am going to keep things like this.


1970
添加译本